An easy amuse with a delicious taste. Tender deer meat with a crispy potato chip to start the celebration. This dish is very simple and easy to make for large groups.
Choose a deer back or steak for this dish.
Can also be prepared as a starter, but for this use 3 chips per person.
Number of persons: 6
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100 grams of deer loin or 1 deer steak
- 1 Potato
- sunflower oil
- (vegan) Truffle mayonnaise
- Pepper and salt
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator an hour in advance to allow it to reach room temperature, pat dry and rub well with salt and pepper.
- Using a knife, mandoline or vegetable peeler, cut 6 thin slices from a potato, wash in cold water and then pat dry
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the potato slices until they are nice and crispy and golden brown
- Heat a frying pan with oil or (vegetable) butter and briefly fry the deer loin or steak (1 minute per side). The intention is that the meat is still very red, medium rare is also possible if that is your preference (2 minutes per side)
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes and then cut into thin slices.
- Place the chip down and place the meat on top. Add a little truffle mayonnaise, a caper and some chives and finish with a coarse flake of salt.
Wine tip: A light red wine such as a Beaujolais.